2 replies to this topic

#1 bobt

bobt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Sep 03 2010 02:47 PM

WHY NOT MINOT?

Why not Minot is the catch phrase used by our fair City. I will openly admit that when I moved to Minot North Dakota 7+ years ago it was not really where I wanted to go. Like many people here we moved to Minot because I had a job here. That's the case for several thousand people living in Minot today. The only people in Minot who don't have a job are those who don't want a job. While the rest of the nation has choked and sputtered under the current administration Minot has been a boom town for many years and it looks like it will stay that way for many more. Our prosparity has been from several key employers including the Minot Air Force Base, the hugely expanding Oil Industry, and many, many more. We have a terrific school system, adaquate health care, and as stated earlier, a BOOMING economy. Yes we have winter but the old saying 30 below keeps the riff raff out is fairly true. Creeps are not out causing trouble when the temps are below zero. We have one of, if not, the lowest crime rate in the country. I might as well throw in that we rarely see an illeagle allian here either. The people who cross our boarder come from the North, are curtious and actually bring money into the USA (how is that for a change?). Minot has really been growing over the last few years and as I said earlier the only people who don't have jobs are those who are to lazy to get off their butts and work. We have a sevear housing shortage so we need builders/contractors and anything construction related to get their crews and themselves up here. If you forgot what prosperity was all about come on up North. The Minot AFB slogan is "Only The Best Go North". Be your best, come to Minot ND and earn a living for yourself and your family.

#2 u_joebill

u_joebill
  • Guests

Posted Sep 07 2010 08:45 AM

Great writeup bobt. You don't hear the words like "booming economy" much these days. I think a lot of construction related workers are either out of job or looking for work now and I hope they find your post. Oh, what do people usually do for entertainment during the winter time? I mean people mostly stay in when it's cold, is there places to have snow activities in Minot?

#3 Darrel

Darrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted Nov 06 2010 01:41 PM

Actually, I've heard also that there are more jobs then the norm up in North Dakota. It's good to hear that there are still good jobs to be found in good parts of the country. Minot sounds nice.
Better to suffer from a loss, than to suffer every day for not having anything to lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users